Monday, September 1, 2008

Screaming, and fever, and ears, oh my

Well, M has her first illness. She has a badly infected right ear and her left one is really red. She woke up from her afternoon nap yesterday really fussy and wouldn't nurse. She just screamed and after about 20 minutes of not being able to soothe her I decided to take her the Acute Kids Urgent Care because I suspected an ear infection. I am so glad I did, because my mom instincts were right on thinking it was her ears. I must recommend Acute Kids to anyone in the DFW area. The pediatrician we saw was great! We didn't have to wait around long either. We got there around 3:15 and were done by 4:00, but we were rushed in and out either. The ped. spent her time thoroughly examining M and answered any questions I had. I was wearing M in the wrap because that was the only way she was calm. The ped. examined her right there in the wrap. I had to lean M over a bit so she could listen to her chest, but that was the only moving around we had to do. It was great not to have upset my hurting child even more by lying her down on the table. I did have to take her out to be weighed (13 pounds 1 ounce- but I think the scale measured low), but there was no way around that. They gave her ear drops at the office and then we got a prescription for ear drops and an antibiotic to clear up the infection. She is already feeling so much better.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE acute kids care...I have been there several times and had great doc's EVERY TIME!

Gayle said...

I am glad she's already feeling better. Kids are so resilient.

Varner said...

I hope she is feeling better. Poor baby.
Had a great time the at HF the other day... minus the childing peeing!